A few years ago, Nintendo started their own digital event series titled Nintendo Direct. They’ve pioneered the approach and started to expand on it. We saw the addition of Indie World to focus on Indie releases. As the current pandemic has delayed quite a few projects, they added the Mini version to showcase some producing partners. We just recently got one focused on Atlus’ games like Shin Megami Tensei. Suddenly, Nintendo decided to drop another one today. As there were quite a few announcements, here is a quick recap from the Direct Mini:
- Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory is confirmed for a November 13th release date. It was leaked a few weeks ago by an Austrian retailer.
- Fuser will allow multiple players to mix up songs and compete for who gets the most reactions. It will release this Fall.
- Taiko No Tatsujin: Rhythmic Adventure Pack is an adventure game based on the popular drumming franchise. This will consist of two separate adventures similar to Pokémon Sword and Shield. Game is confirmed for Winter 2020.
- World of Tanks Blitz was released the same day for Switch players
- Big Rumble Boxing: Creed Champions is a tie-in game for the Rocky and Creed films. The boxing game will let you fight iconic characters like Adonis Creed, Rocky Balboa, Clubber Lang and many more. It will also include local mutliplayer
- Collection of SaGa Final Fantasy Legends is a re-release of the original Gameboy trilogy. It is the first time it will be made available in Europe. Game will be made available as of December 15th.
- Just Dance 2021 will release with 40 tracks on November 12th.
- Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 has also been confirmed. This will once again let players play competitively by seeing if Puyo Puyo or Tetris is the ultimate puzzle game. It also includes an adventure mode that will be playable once it releases December 8th.
The August Mini ended with a few reminders for the upcoming Minecraft Dungeons DLC; Jump Force‘s Switch release, a new entry in the Captain Tsubasa franchise and this month’s release of Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles. At first, I thought this Direct Mini was going to focus on rhythm games but the World of Tanks announcement was a surprise curveball. One thing is for sure though, did not expect a game based on Creed two years after the last film was released.
Also, to accompany the Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory announcement, series creator Tetsuya Nomura also shared a brand-new key art.
How many of the scenes behind Kairi do you recognize?
— KINGDOM HEARTS (@KINGDOMHEARTS) August 26, 2020
In case you want to check out the Direct Mini, you can watch it here: