Welcome to your Monday edition of The Morning After Huddle! Hope you like waffles because Kareem Hunt and the Browns are serving up changing-by-the-minute contract conversations.
Here’s what you need to know:
- As you are aware, Browns RB Kareem Hunt is no stranger to controversy and it seems asking for a new contract is no different. Just mere days ago, Hunt was ”holding in”, refusing to participate in team drills in hopes of facilitating conversations about a new contract. Things escalated rather quickly Sunday as Hunt asked for a trade. The team said absolutely not and that was that. Hunt showed up to camp and participated in team drills. That has to be the worst bluff in the history of football. Nobody should be shocked that this likely title belongs to a Browns player. Browns gonna Brown.
- Next, Jon Gruden is back in the news cycles again. This time his agent wants all the smoke and is threatening to release what he claims are damning emails of several high-profile people in the NFL. Gruden’s agent says the NFL is executing a “hit job” on his client and if they go to court, it will not be pretty for the league. Newsflash: this is nasty work. Essentially, what Gruden and his agent are saying here is that if Jon has to go down, so should many more people. I don’t think anyone is disputing that there are more, but this is certainly deflecting responsibility from Gruden and his actions. The racist emails still exist. We just can’t unsee those in an effort to take down more people. Tune in for more moving of the goalposts.
- Last but not least, your Key Signings Roundup:
- FB Reggie Gilliam is signing a two-year extension with the Bills
- LB Kiko Alonso (after 1 practice) has re-retired
- Full List of Roster Moves from the Weekend
Thanks for hanging out today with us, teammates. Come back tomorrow for more elite analysis and NFL news you want to know!