It has been a massive week for Marvel’s Avengers. They have been building up to the release of their next DLC character. We got quite a few reveals throughout the last few weeks. Finally, we will be able to replay the Reassemble campaign. We will be able to customize unique HARM rooms to test out our abilities. Now, we got our first look at Hawkeye in action, and the developers revealed a variety of tidbits on the character’s future content:
- Hawkeye’s sword combat is inspired by his time as Ronin. They also revealed that he wall runs like Captain America due to his ninja training.
- Unlike Kate, Clint has a variety of arrows in his arsenal. Instead of just switching between them, his move set allows you to use them in fun ways. He has arrow types like Implosion Arrows, Split Shot Arrows, and many more that have a unique attribute. You can use them in the air or on the ground, which offers some variety. He even has an arrow type called a Suspension Arrow that levitates your enemies.
- His support heroic lets you heal your allies. He can even heal people from cryo. CD also showcased the variations of his heroic specialization. You can create a fire tornado or even freeze enemies.
- They hire professional stunt actors for the motion capture. CD’s aim is for every hero to feel unique in their movements to make them stand out.
- There will be a lot of documents that will explore Hawkeye’s past before the events of A-Day.
- We got a brief glimpse at the Wasteland, which includes a lot of easter eggs. The AIM robots have new designs and are just working on an old protocol. The main story is the team looking for information on the Kree to stop the invasion in the past. New biomes were briefly teased.
- When you switch out of the new Wasteland biome, the Quinjet will be hit by a wave of Tachyon energy.
- The robot Roy seems to have taken over JARVIS’s role in the post-apocalyptic future.
- They reworked a lot of the system to make them work with PlayStation 5’s haptic feedback. Each hero has a unique effect, such as Clint’s Dead Eye ability adding pressure.
- They mentioned the Marvel Cinematic Universe skins, but they can’t announce anything currently.
- Loot 2.0 is still getting worked on, and they will communicate it as soon as they nailed it down.
In chat, Crystal Dynamics has once again pointed out that they are committed to years of content for Marvel’s Avengers, and they are working on a lot of things at the moment. The Hawkeye showcase was fantastic, as they teased some incredibly-looking moves that will make the character stand out. I cannot wait to return to the game next week and explore his abilities and the Wasteland.