Latest ‘Marvel’s Avengers’ Dev Stream Teases Loot 2.0 and MCU Skins
Finally, we have entered a new year for Marvel’s Avengers, and Crystal Dynamics returned with a new developer stream. We are still waiting for some information on future updates. Sadly, I wasn’t able to participate this time. Luckily, the community always has an eye on any update. As such, I am very grateful to @SonicPhoto for keeping notes and @PlayAvenger live-tweeting the event. So, without further ado, let’s jump into the latest and minor updates for the game as we kick-off the new year:
- They currently have no news to share on Clint Barton. We will only get this information via official channels once they have a War Table planned.
- The roadmap is still in development. It seems CD is currently working on finding the dates, as they want to add some solid information to it.
- New content is being worked on while they are going through their backlog. The devs want to include it in the roadmaps.
- New Game+, or the Campaign Replay, is currently in QA.
- The reason for the AIM Cloning Labs delay is due to multiplayer crashes. It seems they are also looking into a join-in-progress feature.
- Captain America’s traversal is also getting looked into, but there are higher priorities.
- Loot 2.0 got highlighted in the stream. CD is adding quality-of-life features, gear will be more meaningful, and it’ll be easier for players to choose the right one. So, we can expect more functionality, and they want to make us excited about it. They did say it will still take some time.
- MCU skins are heavily being looked into, but there is a lot of red tapes involved.
- Super Adaptoid multiplayer mission is in bug fixing and will likely drop before the Cloning Labs do.
Overall, it sounds like a lot of the backlog has been holding the game back. Still, it looks like the end is in sight, so we’ll see how it will develop, especially now that the holidays have ended. The roadmap already setting dates is motivating, as it means they can potentially map out the upcoming months. I believe it would be good to have vague release windows with content information, but Crystal Dynamics probably has their reason for this approach. They did use the chance to introduce a new member of their Community Management, Leyla. It looks like we’ll see more new faces in future streams. So, we have something to look forward to as we await the next big reveal for the game.