Guess what day it is? GUESS WHAT DAY IT IS? (insert cheesy Geico commercial reference) Welcome to your Wednesday edition of The Morning After Huddle! I don’t know about you, but I don’t have $4.65 billion laying around. However, if you’re Rob Walton, maybe you do.
Here’s what you need to know:
- As you know, the sale of the Broncos with a stacked ownership team, lead by Rob Walton (son of Sam Walton who created Walmart), has been a hot topic in NFL circles for many weeks. Yesterday, the sale became complete for a mere $4.65 billion. Check your notes because that’s a new American record for the sale of a sports franchise! I’m pretty sure this is the next Infinity Stone in the Walton collection.
- Moving right along, Marshawn Lynch and Frank Gore are in hot water this morning. Lynch will be charged with driving under the influence after officers stopped him early Monday morning in Las Vegas. Frank Gore will be charged with simple assault stemming from an arrest in New Jersey. We will update these stories as more details are released.
- Finally, your Key Signings Roundup:
- TRADE REQUEST
- Things are really spicy in Chicago. Bears LB Roquan Smith is requesting a trade. Smith took to social media yesterday stating that he lost trust with the organization and a deal presented to him had de-escalators in it that not a single player out of the 94 non-QB players in the league with $15 million+ contracts has
- Something to keep an eye on – Rams coach Sean McVay is getting a new contract, but will reveal full details once GM Les Snead receives his deal
- Full League Roster Moves from Tuesday
- TRADE REQUEST
That’s it for today! Catch us tomorrow for more things you want to know!