Welcome to your Saturday morning edition of The Morning After Huddle! A former second-round pick is finding his strides again.
Here’s what you need to know:
- First, Eugene ”Geno” Cyril Smith III is your starting Quarterback for the Seattle Seahawks. After Friday night’s preseason game loss to the Cowboys, Coach Pete Carroll made the announcement. Geno is living out his quest again to be a starting quarterback, nine years after joining the New York Jets to battle Mark Sanchez for the starting position and four teams later. Not bad, Eugene.
- Next, in case you missed it, Bills Punter Matt Araiza is facing allegations of sexual assault stemming from an October 2021 incident. The Bills released a statement saying that they had no comment due to the ongoing investigation, but that they investigated Araiza upon learning of the allegations. A new report out of Buffalo says otherwise. And there’s this nugget: Coach Sean McDermott said on Friday that the Bills had “a lot of work to do”, essentially referring to gathering an understanding of the Matt Araiza situation.
- Finally, your Key Signings and Trades Roundup:
- Some interesting news out of the Bay: NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport says that a trade partner, at this moment, does not exist for 49ers Quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo.
- Full Slate of League Moves from Friday
We’re back on Monday with more insights and analysis on all things you want to know about the NFL.