The Morning After Huddle is back for your Tuesday fix of all things NFL. Legatron is putting on for the brand (word to Pat McAfee) with a contract extension.
Here’s what you need to know:
- First, Kicker Justin Tucker will sign a massive contract extension with the Ravens this week. The Ravens are tossing $24 million Tucker’s way with $17.5 million guaranteed. The deal keeps Tucker in Baltimore through 2027. As I’m sure you’re aware, Mr. Justin Tucker owns the longest FG ever at a whopping 66 yards. Not to mention, he’s never missed a kick in the final minute of regulation. Unreal.
- Second on our list today, the NFL appears to be cracking down on illegal hits this season. The NFL has asked referees to pay particular attention to ”illegal contact” with the hopes that this will, obviously, increase the number of calls in 2022. Another area of focus for 2022 will revolve around roughing the passer. The NFL competition committee has clarified that contact to the helmet and below-the-knee area must be forcible. (Translation: Refs have gotten real flag happy over the last season for even the slightest amount of contact – I’m looking at you, Tom Brady!)
- Without further ado, your Key Signings Roundup:
- The Ravens are bringing back journeyman CB Daryl Worley. Baltimore needs help with Marcus Peters not back yet and Brandon Stephens sidelined by a soft tissue injury.
- Full List of Yesterday’s Roster Moves
In the words of Usher, yeahhhh, man. We’re back for hump day tomorrow with more news, more analysis, and cheesy pop culture puns.