Welcome to your Thursday edition of The Morning After Huddle, bringing you all things NFL. In the words of Logic, “I’ve been gone for a minute, but I’m back now!”. A huge thanks goes to my partner-in-print, D. A., for stepping in while I was on vacation. There is news to be reported. Let’s get right to it.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Of course, as we all suspected, the Niners have finally given Jimmy Garoppolo the permission to seek a trade. If you’ve been paying attention to off-season storylines, this was absolutely coming down the pipeline. Now the question remains: where will he end up? We’ll keep tabs on this one. Seattle could be a potential option, but the Browns are also in the mix.
- Sadly, we have some unfortunate news picking up in NFL circles. Former Steelers first-round pick, Charles Johnson, has passed away. Johnson played nine NFL seasons — five with Pittsburgh, two with the Philadelphia Eagles, one with the Patriots (where he won a SB) and his last with the Buffalo Bills. He was 50 years old.
- Finally, your Key Signings Roundup:
- Kyle Rudolph is signing with the Bucs to be Tom Brady’s new TE. Rudolph is signing a one-year deal.
- The Raiders are signing CB Isaiah “Ike” Brown to the roster. The UDFA previously played for the USFL, totally 16 tackles and two interceptions for 98 yards, including one returned for a touchdown.
Thanks for breaking down the huddle with us today! I know you missed me. So, we’ll be back for Football Friday with more news you want to know ahead of your weekend.