Welcome to your Weekend edition of The Morning After Huddle! The Raiders are all chips in on Hunter Renfrow.
Here’s what you need to know:
- The Las Vegas Raiders and Hunter Renfrow agreed to a multi-year extension worth $32 million. Renfrow was in line for a new deal after catching 103 passes in 2021, the second-highest single-season total by a receiver in franchise history. This new deal includes $21 million guaranteed.
- Foot meet mouth. Commanders defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio is paying the price for words said earlier this week. Del Rio took to Twitter to voice his opinion about the January 6th hearings, calling the events that took place last year a “dust up.” Head coach Ron Rivera took exception to his words and Del Rio will pay a $100,000 fine that will be donated to the U.S. Capital Police Memorial Fund.
- Next, Chargers owner Dean Spanos is in some pretty hot water. His sister has filed a lawsuit accusing him of repeated breaches of fiduciary duty and misogynistic behavior. The filing escalates the ongoing battle among the Spanos siblings over control of the franchise.
- Finally, your Key Signings Roundup:
- Morocco Brown is being elevated to the Colts’ chief personnel executive.
- The Indianapolis Colts are also signing DE Bryan Cox Jr. and OT Jason Spriggs.
- The Texans are signing former Bengals TE Mason Shreck.
That’s it for today’s huddle. Enjoy your weekend and come back Monday for more news you want to know!