Here’s a rather interesting announcement. It looks like the popular Webtoon series Batman: Wayne Family Adventures will get a live-action adaptation. Filmmakers Ismahawk will bring the series to life in a three-part miniseries. It’s going to premiere in mid-October and will explore Bruce Wayne’s extended family in a comedy. The series broke records for Webtoon and has become popular among DC fans. It’ll be the first live-action series to explore Wayne’s entire family, as most adaptations tend to focus on Dick Grayson. Titans is the first adaptation to introduce three Robins, but characters like Stephanie Brown, Cassandra Cain, Damien Wayne, and more never got the pleasure.
IGN has also shared the first look at the adaptation alongside a casting overview:
- Jonathan Bentley as Bruce Wayne
- Yoshi Sudarso as Dick Grayson/Nightwing
- Lisa Foiles as Barbara Gordon/Oracle
- Tim Neff as Jason Todd/Red Hood
- Peter Sudarso as Tim Drake/Red Robin
- Meghan Camarena as Stephanie Brown/Spoiler
- Gemma Nguyen as Cassandra Cain/Orphan
- Carter Rockwood as Damien Wayne/Robin
- Du-Shaunt ‘Fik-Shun’ Stegall as Duke Thomas/Signal
- Marcus Weiss as Alfred Pennyworth
It’s great to see the series’ popularity also lead to a very impressive-looking live-action series. The costume design for Red Hood can compete with the likes of Titans. It’s also great that characters like Spoiler, Signal, and Orphan get their time to shine. Of course, its continued opportunity might inspire HBO Max to expand beyond a miniseries.