Only a little over a month and we’ll finally get the next Disney+ series from Marvel Studios. After Hawkeye left us with some holiday cheer. we’re going to enter what may be the company’s darkest story so far. Moon Knight explores the story of Steven Grant, who comes to realize he might have a dark secret that not even he is aware of. We’ve known for some time that Jeremy Slater was taking on the role of showrunner, but a new listing on the Writers Guild of America West has revealed the writer team and what episodes they are tackling.
- Episode 1 – Jeremy Slater
- Episode 2 – Michael Kastelein
- Episode 3 – Beau DeMayo and Peter Cameron & Sabir Pirzada
- Episode 4 – Alex Meenehan and Peter Cameron & Sabir Pirzada
- Episode 5 – Rebecca Kirsch and Matthew Horton
- Episode 6 – Jeremy Slater and Peter Cameron & Sabir Pirzada (based on a story by Danielle Iman & Jeremy Slater)
There are some interesting names included in this list, such as Kastelein, who recently worked on The Falcon and the Winter Soldier. DeMayo is well-known for his work on The Originals and some episodes of The Witcher. He’s also involved with the upcoming X-Men ’97 revival series. Pirzada recently worked on Roswell, New Mexico, and wrote some episodes of Person of Interest. Peter Cameron is also a Marvel veteran, as he worked as an executive story editor for WandaVision. Meenehan worked as a story editor on Bosch, while Rebecca Kirsch had a hand in series like The Exorcist and 2013’s Dracula. It’s quite a diverse team of writers that offer some unique perspectives and it’ll be interesting to see how this project comes together.
Source: Writers Guild of America West