Welcome to your Hump Day edition of The Morning After Huddle! Remember when Richard Sherman told Skip Bayless, “I’m smarter than you”? Or when he famously told Erin Andrews, “We’ll, I’m the best corner in the game. When you put a sorry wide receiver on me like Crabtree, that’s what you’re going to get”? It seems Mr. Sherman is back for more airtime.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Prepare the others because the other former Legion of Boom member will be bringing all of his hot takes and instant analysis right to your TV screen! Richard Sherman is signing on to be the new voice at Amazon Prime Video’s Thursday Night Football. Sherman will work along side Hall of Fame TE Tony Gonzalez, Al Michaels and Kirk Herbstreit.
- Pizza! Pizza! Little Caesars is replacing Pizza Hut as the official sponsor of the NFL. The agreement will offer Little Caesars a set of exclusive marketing rights designed to connect the pizza brand with the NFL, its events, and fans. I hope everyone can eat fast because once that pizza is HOT-N-READY (elite dad joke there), you have approximately 10 minutes before it turns to cardboard.
- At long last, your Key Signings Roundup:
- Former Georgia Southern running back Jerick McKinnon is signing a 1-year deal to remain with the Chiefs.
- The Detroit Lions are signing free agent TE Devin Funchess.
- The Packers have claimed K Gabe Brkic off waivers from the Vikings.
- DE Wyatt Ray is signing with the Jags.
- LB Travin Howard is signing back with the Rams on a 1-year deal.
- The Commanders are signing DT Justin Hamilton and OT Willie Beavers.
Thanks for breaking down the huddle with us today! Catch us tomorrow for more news that you want to know.