Welcome to your Thursday edition of The Morning After Huddle, your favorite NFL news source. It is with a heavy heart that we report Marion Barber III has tragically passed away.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Affectionately known by many as “Marion The Barbarian” because of his hard running style, Former Cowboys running back Marion Barber III passed away Wednesday. Police officers were sent out to his residence to do a welfare check and discovered Barber. At this time, details of his death remain unknown. He was 38.
- The late John Madden is gracing the cover of Madden NFL 23. In addition to the cover reveal, EA announced an update on the $5 million John Madden Legacy Commitment to Education and the dedication of a field.
- The Houston Texans and Dallas Cowboys are banding together to show support for the Uvalde community after last week’s school shooting. Texans players and owner Cal McNair have come together to raise $400,000 for the Robb School Memorial Fund. The Dallas Cowboys also donated $400,000, bolstered by a donation from the NFL Foundation.
- Bills Special Teams player Andre Smith will receive a 6-game suspension for violating the league’s policy on PEDs. Smith now has an uphill battle to make the roster, as the Bills may find someone else who can do his job while he’s out.
- Your Key Signings Roundup looks different today: Steelers DL Stephon Tuitt is signing paperwork to retire. The 29-year-old will hang up his cleats for good after the loss of his brother last June.
That’s it for today’s huddle. We’ll be back Friday with more news you want to know.