Happy Tuesday, teammates! Welcome to your favorite news source for all things NFL. This is The Morning After Huddle! So many stories, so little time. Let’s hop into it.
Here’s what you need to know:
- I’m convinced that athletes wake up and say, “what can I do today that’s completely out of my league?”. That answer is apparently (and continues to be) boxing. Adrian Peterson wants to get in the ring with Le’Veon Bell and the two have scheduled an event for July 30 at Crypto.com Arena.
- Today in As Deshaun Watson Turns, the Texans are being sued. The lawsuit says that the Texans knew about his behavior in massage therapy sessions and should’ve done something about it…like not enable him at all. (Shocking, I know.) A few weeks back, Jenny Vrentas did some fabulous reporting and noted many of the details listed.
- Next, the first Black starting quarterback in the American Football League, Marlin Briscoe, passed away from pneumonia complications at the age of 76. Briscoe was a two-time Super Bowl champion with the Miami Dolphins.
- Last, but not least, your Key Signings Roundup:
- Luuuuuuke Kuechly is back with the Panthers, joining their radio broadcast team. He’ll be on board for 7 games.
Thanks for breaking down the Huddle with us today! Join us tomorrow for your Wednesday NFL headlines and more news you need to know.