Following the announcement of Jodie Foster and Kali Reis leading the fourth season of True Detective, HBO has begun filling out the ensemble for the series. John Hawes, Christopher Eccleston, Fiona Shaw, Finn Bennett, and Anna Lambe are all set to take part in the hit premium series.
The fourth season has the official title of True Detective: Night Country. The season is said to follow Detectives Liz Danvers (played by Foster) and Evangeline Navarro (played by Reis) as they investigate the mysterious disappearance of six research station workers without a trace. Night Country promises a deep dive into the dark mysteries of both eternally icy Alaskan wilderness and the personal struggles of the protagonists. Below is a description of each of the newly revealed ensemble members for the season.
- John Hawes is playing Hank Prior, a police officer with both a quiet demeanor and troubled history.
- Christopher Eccleston is playing Ted Corsaro, the regional Chief of Police that has professional history with Liz Danvers (Jodie Foster’s character).
- Fiona Shaw plays Rose Aguoineau, a mysterious survivalist living in the region.
- Finn Bennett is set to play Peter Prior, the protege and apprentice working under Liz Danvers.
- Anna Lambe is playing Kayla Malee, a regional nurse who appears overprotective with her family from strangers.
True Detective: Night Country is currently in the pre-production phase. With that in mind, it wouldn’t be out of the realm of possibility to believe the new season will be released on HBO and HBO Max by late 2023 to early 2024.