Welcome to your Thursday edition of the Morning After Huddle. Sad news out of the league today. Another legend has passed away.
Here’s what you need to know:
- First, Hall of Fame Quarterback Len Dawson passed away at age 87. Dawson has a storied career and won three AFL championships and propelled Kansas City to its first Super Bowl victory in 1970. Dawson is also widely known for his contributions to Inside The NFL, where he broke down the numerous NFL Game of the Week as host.
- Next, the third week of preseason games is underway this week and teams will be evaluating their talent to see who has what it takes to make the 53-man roster. Eric Edholm of NFL.com is previewing one thing to watch for from all thirty-two teams. Starting with the Green Bay Packers and Kansas City Chiefs tonight and ending with the Detroit Lions and Pittsburgh Steelers who play on Sunday, you find what to expect from your team with a quick read.
- Finally, your Key Signings and Trades Roundup:
- Linebacker Shaquem Griffin of the Seattle Seahawks is retiring after 4 seasons. Griffin, known for his prowess with just one hand, is joining the NFL’s Legends Community.
- Nine days after acquiring Defensive Back Ugo Amadi, the Seahawks are trading him to the Titans
- Full Slate of League Moves from Wednesday
Thanks for trusting us will all things you need to know about the NFL. We’ll be back on Fabulous Football Friday!