Welcome to your Monday edition of The Morning After Huddle. This weekend was incredibly tough for the NFL.
Here’s what you need to know:
- First up, it is with an extremely heavy heart that we share Jason Jenkins, Senior Vice President of Communications and Community Affairs for the Miami Dolphins, has passed away at 47. According to multiple reports, Jenkins died unexpectedly over the weekend. A fixture in the community, he joined the Dolphins organization in 2009 after spending time with the 49ers. He leaves behind a wife and three children.
- Next, the heavy news continues with the Washington Commanders. Running Back Brian Robinson is recovering this morning after being shot several times in the lower extremities during a robbery attempt. Commanders Head Coach Ron Rivera says Robinson is in good spirits after visiting him in the hospital. Sending best wishes to Robinson and a fruitful career. The Running Back is a third-round pick from this year’s NFL Draft.
- Finally, your Key Signings and Trades Roundup:
- Veteran pass-rusher Trey Flowers is signing with the Dolphins
- Full Slate of League Moves from this Weekend
Thanks for choosing the Huddle for all things NFL. We’re back tomorrow with more news you want to know.