Welcome to your Thursday edition of the Morning After Huddle! Broncos Country, let’s ride!
Here’s what you need to know:
- First up, prepare for more cheesy dad-level jokes and puns because Broncos Quarterback Russell Wilson is here to stay. The new Quarterback is landing himself a sweet extension contract of $245 million with $165 fully guaranteed. This new deal is five months of hard work in the making. This makes Wilson the second highest paid Quarterback in the NFL (in terms of new money) with $49 million. Oh, Mr. Wilson!
- Moving right along, Commanders Running Back Brian Robinson is starting the year on the reserve/non football injury list. Per Ian Rapoport of NFL Network, this relieves pressure on Robinson to rush back to the field. Robinson was recently involved in a shooting in a carjacking attempt, suffering wounds to his lower extremities.
- Last, but not least, your Key Signings and Trades Roundup:
- Former Raiders Running Back Kenyan Drake is signing with the Ravens
- Veteran Running Back Sony Michel is signing with the Chargers
- Eagles Wide Receiver Jalen Reagor is heading to the Vikings in exchange for a 2023 seventh-round pick and conditional fourth-round pick in 2024
- Full Slate of League Moves from Wednesday
Hold on to your helmets, teammates! (Not your opponents’ helmets. I’m looking at you, Aaron Donald!) We’re back tomorrow with more news you want to know!