Paramount+ Officially Orders the ‘Criminal Minds’ Revival to Series

Paramount+ has given a formal series order to its ‘Criminal Minds’ revival, which will bring back some of the cast.

In February of this year, it was reported that Paramount+ was nearing deals with some of the core cast of Criminal Minds for the forthcoming revival. Now, the series has been given a formal pick-up order for the revival for a ten episode season. Six cast members have also been confirmed to return as Joe Mantegna, Kirsten Vangsness, Adam Rodriguez, A.J. Cook, Aisha Tyler and Paget Brewster have signed on for the new series.

The news comes courtesy of Deadline, with the outlet reporting that Erica Messer, the show’s longtime executive producer and showrunner, is also set to return. Her deal is said to have been closed months ago. It is said that the six cast members signing on to return was contingent on Messer signing a pact with ABC Signature where she is under an overall deal.

Mantegna, who joined the original series during its third season, teased the revival’s pickup with a Tweet on Tuesday. “Just doing a little inspection today for an upcoming project,” he wrote on a photo of him on set.

Criminal Minds ended its fifteen season run in 2020. Since then, rumors have continued to circulate suggesting a revival was in the works. However, the first real news of a revival didn’t come until early this year. Matthew Gray Gubler, who played Spencer Reid in the series, and Daniel Henney, who played Matt Simmons, are currently not expected to join the rest of the returning cast.

Production on the Criminal Minds revival will kickoff on Aug. 21st in Los Angeles.

Source: Deadline.

Total
7
Shares
Previous Post
scream 6 set photos

New ‘Scream 6’ Set Photos Offer First Look at Courteney Cox

Next Post

What the ‘Ms.Marvel’ Finale Reveal Means for Inhumans in the MCU

Related Posts