One of Disney +’s best Star Wars projects to date was 2021’s nine-episode anime anthology, Star Wars: Visions. The series consisted of shorts inspired by and set in the Star Wars galaxy that were not mandated to exist within the canonical timeline. The shorts were well received and a second season was ordered up fairly quickly and set for 2023. With Season 2 of The Bad Batch, Season 3 of The Mandalorian and Ahsoka all on the slate, 2023 is a busy year for Star Wars and fans wondered where Volume 2 of Visions might fit. Now we know.
In an official release from Disney, Senior Vice President Franchise Content & Strategy at Lucasfilm James Waugh revealed that Volume 2 of Star Wars: Visions will stream on Disney Plus on Star Wars Day/May 4th! Like the first season, Volume 2 will consist of nine episodes from different animation studios, which were revealed in a Tweet.
Waugh, who serves as an executive producer on Visions, talked about the studios and the “incredible” shorts they have put together for Volume 2.
With Volume 2, we expanded our canvas to take audiences on a global tour of some of the most talented creators from around the world. Every short is incredible, full of heart, scope, imagination, and the values that make stories distinctly Star Wars — all while opening up bold new ways of seeing what a Star Wars story can be.James Waugh
The release was accompanied by the episode titles, which are listed below with their animation studios and directors. The studios and directors are all newcomers to the series.
- “Sith” (El Guiri, Rodrigo Blaas)
- “Screecher’s Reach” (Cartoon Saloon, Paul Young)
- “In the Stars” (Punkrobot, Gabriel Osorio)
- “I Am Your Mother” (Aardman, Magdalena Osinska)
- “Journey to the Dark Head” (Studio Mir, Hyeong Geun Park)
- “The Spy Dancer” (Studio La Cachette, Julien Chheng)
- “The Bandits of Golak” (88 Pictures, Ishan Shukla)
- “The Pit” (D’art Shtajio and Lucasfilm Ltd., LeAndre Thomas and Justin Ridge)
- “Aau’s Song” (Triggerfish, Nadia Darries and Daniel Clarke)
May the 4th be with you!