Vera Farmiga, Tony Dalton and More Join ‘HAWKEYE’
After the casting of Hailee Steinfeld was confirmed yesterday by our exclusive set video, Disney wasted no time in announcing 6 more members of the streaming series, Hawkeye, currently filming in Brooklyn. The Marvel Studios series has added the following actors and actresses to the cast:
- Vera Farmiga as Eleanor Bishop, the mother of Kate
- Tony Dalton as Jack Duquense, the mentor of Hawkeye and former Avenger known as the Swordsman
- Fra Fee as the Clown, aka Kazimierz Kazimierczak
- Florence Pugh who will reprise her role as Yelena Belova
- Newcomer Alaqua Cox who will portray Maya Lopez/Echo, a role we first reported here
- Zahn McLarnon as William Lopez, Echo’s father known in the comics as Crazy Horse
The Oscar-nominated Farmiga lands an interesting role as Eleanor Bishop. While her early origins show that her father, Derek, was into some bad business, her mother was later revealed to be a part of the West Coast Masters of Evil. Dalton’s Duquesne is a character we have long-expected to be cast and talked about at length here. Fee lands the villain’s role as the Clown, a role rumored to be going to Bill Skarsgaard at one point. Pugh was recently rumored to be returning to the role of Belova and, it appears, that Marvel Studios wasn’t too worried about spoiling the fate of her character after all. Cox’s Echo will be a deaf character who, true to her comic origins, is said to be able to mimic her opponents’ fighting styles. It will be interesting to see how Marvel Studios adapts Crazy Horse as in the comics it was his death at the hands of the Kingpin that lead to his daughter, Maya, being raised by the big man.
Hawkeye is now filming and will stream on Disney Plus when they are good and ready to show us!