Premiere: December 17, 2021
Thanks to Tom Holland we will, at the very least, get a conclusion to Jon Watts’ MCU-based Spider-Man trilogy and the satisfaction of having the cliffhanger ending of Spider-Man: Far From Home resolved on-screen. COVID-19 knocked Spidey all over the place, but set construction and pre-production on the film began in August with an eye on getting in front of cameras in late-September/early-October or whenever Holland wraps filming on Uncharted; however, with the release of the film pushed one month later into December of 2021, it seems that production might now be on track to start in late-October/early-November instead, mirroring the one month delay.
From October through December 2020 there were a number of reports regarding actors that will be returning to the Spider-Man world. From Kirsten Dunst, Alfred Molina, Thomas Haden Church, and William Dafoe, to Andrew Garfield and Jamie Foxx, all would reportedly be back portraying their characters from both the Spider-Man Sam Raimi trilogy and the Mark Webb movies. But one of the biggest pieces of news was confirmed by Murphy’s Multiverse when we reported that Charlie Cox would be making a comeback as Matt Murdock himself, after his first stint with the character in the Netflix Daredevil series.
The title of the threequel, Spider-Man: No Way Home, was finally revealed on February 24, 2021, with the first teaser trailer being released exactly 6 months afterward, on August 24. The first Official Trailer was released on November 17, one month before the movie’s scheduled United States premiere, and it confirmed several character appearances that, up until then, had only been rumored.
- Tom Holland as Peter Parker/Spider-Man
- Zendaya as MJ
- Benedict Cumberbatch as Doctor Stephen Strange
- Marisa Tomei as Aunt May
- Benedict Wong as Wong
- Charlie Cox as Matt Murdock
- Tobey Maguire as Peter Parker/Spider-Man (Earth-96283)
- *Kirsten Dunst as Mary Jane Watson (Earth-96283)
- Williem Dafoe as Norman Osborn / Green Goblin (Earth-96283)
- Alfred Molina as Otto Octavius/Doctor Octopus (Earth-96283)
- J.K. Simmons as J. Jonah Jameson
- Thomas Haden Church as Flint Marko / Sandman (Earth-96283)
- Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker/Spider-Man (Earth-120703)
- Jamie Foxx as Max Dillon/Electro (Earth-120703)
- Rhys Ifans as Dr. Curt Connors / The Lizard (Earth-120703)
- Jon Favreau as “Happy” Hogan
- Jacob Batalon as Ned Leeds
- Tony Revolori as Flash Thompson
(* indicates RUMORED additions to the cast)